Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What Wonders to Behold

So, it was one of those days when you are to teach the Bible Lesson at Good News Club and you realize that everything really does take longer than it takes! (thank you to one of our favorite CMI Instructors for teaching us that.) Today was the lesson about creation and we were running out of time, but I was determined to get the Gospel  all told and the growth point in ...so I talked faster. When it was time to allow the children to respond to the Gospel I knew they weren't all tracking with me but we forged ahead. Unfortunately 2/3 of the class of almost 40 children began leaving with our one (count'em--one) counselor). I knew that many of them didn't even know why they were leaving. I even said to one of the helpers, "Please go out and bring back all the children who aren't there to believe in Jesus." It makes you wonder at those times if whatever you did just didn't make sense at all.


Indeed the counselor returned saying that several of the children wanted to go to the restroom, some thought it was time to go to "Third Base," others had other reasons they had come out to talk to him, but after all the rest had been sent back to class, one little girl was still standing there. She said to him, "I have never believed on Jesus before." She did today!! God can use even our worst attempts at doing something for His kingdom and we get to see the blessing.  Pray Church -- pray that our brothers and sisters will get a burden for these lost ones. I heard today that one lost Good News Club helper is instead volunteering at an animal shelter. We need so much for Christians to feel the spiritual need of the children. Pray with me Matthew 9:38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

No comments: