Friday, December 12, 2008

Let it snow!


I smiled a big smile to see the snow on the hills and outlining every branch of all the trees. I enjoyed the flakes falling slowly this afternoon. But even as I rejoiced, and sang Let it Snow, let it snow, my co-worker reminded me that the song said they didn't have anywhere to go! --and she did have somewhere to go!

I can't get enough of the WV hills and trees. But to imagine that each flake coating the ground, trees, and everybody's car -- each one is unique. The Smithsonian magazine had an article showing that you can even tell the temperature the flake formed at by it crystalline shape! So much attention to detail and yet somehow we think that God forgets or doesn't see or doesn't know something is happening because He isn't responding the way we expected or wanted. God's attention to detail is un-imaginable -- after all He is the God who can do more than we can think or imagine. What do you need to entrust to Him today or rest about knowing that He does indeed know and care?

1 comment:

Carla said...

Good thought! Isn't is amazing that each flake is different?!