
I always get a kick out of seeing that sign that says "Port of St. Albans" down by the Kanawha River that runs through the valley. I've lived in several ports but always ocean ports. It's nice to connect with a piece of nostalgia from my previous life with Mercy Ships though. I thought I would join the 21st Century version of communicating by starting this blog. I've enjoyed keeping up with others near and far through their blogs and hope to do the same with you right here. Today is Dictionary Day, in case you didn't know [It being Noah Webster's Birthday]. It may be one of my favorite days -- I love words! So submit your "Word of the Day" and I can add to my vocabulary. Here is one for you: eponymous - of, relating to, or being one for whom or for which something is or is believed to be named.
2 comments:
I just love your "glass-half-full" attitude (except on Grouch Day, ha-ha). Having visited several "ports", I have always laughed that St.Albans had the nerve to think itself so noble and great! Leave it to you to put it into perspective for me! By the way, I LOVE words, too!!!
I learned one of my favorites from you...incorrigible, which means incapable of being corrected or amended; not reformable. Picture me sitting on top of our washer in time out with my arms crossed, and you being the good disciplining aunt while mom and dad were away.
Post a Comment