Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kids -- Gotta love 'em

Only Nick responded to the invitation at Good News Club. "Nick, you can go talk to Mr. Steve." I said. So Nick and three of his friends also went to talk to Mr. Steve. The boys love talking to Mr. Steve!



Brad* is in the 4th grade. He responded to the invitation and was one of 4 being counseled by Sue. Sue says, "They all prayed but I could tell he was really into it."  After praying to believe on Jesus, Brad looked at Sue and said, "My heart is beating so fast. Why?" Sue said, "This is a very special time and decision." Brad asked, "Did Jesus just come inside of me?"  Sue explained, "Yes, His Holy Spirit did." Brad exclaimed, "I knew it! My heart was beating so fast!" He was so excited and immediatly showed his grandmother the Truth Chaser Club sign up card (children's Bible correspondence course that is free). The next week Brad told the Good News Club team that he had already received his first lesson by mail.



 At a mission conference where CEF taught the children:
I asked Jossie* if she wanted to ask Jesus to come into her life. She answered "yes". She didn't want to pray out loud, but clasped her hands in from of her bowed head as I tried to lead her in the prayer to receive Jesus. When she said "Amen" I asked her "Whose child are you now?" she replied, "God's". I questioned, "How do you know?" I was amazed at her answer. Jossie said, "Because I can feel it!" She had a joyful smile on her face. Then we all went into the church service. The pastor was talking about people asking Jesus into their life. Jossie timidly raised her hand and smiled at me and whispered "I did that". She got it.  She was paying attention to the pastor and she understood what he was talking about and she knew she had just asked Jesus into her life. Later, after the service, Sarah and I talked with the pastor and gave him Jossie's name and told him that she had prayed to receive Jesus. He recognized her name. He told us that her parents are drug addicts and her grandpa brings her to church, trying to teach her to do right. He and others had been praying for Jossie because they were so concerned about her situation. He was glad to know that she had prayed and been saved.
 
For those that are praying for both the children and for us who are missionaries to the children, thank you so much!

*Not real names

No comments: