Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crocodile Dock


Last night at Crocodile Dock (aka Vacation Bible School) I had three preschoolers with whom to share the Bible lesson. We've been studying Moses --from Burning Bush the first night, to the plagues of Egypt last night, followed by the passover and crossing the red sea. They threw in a story of Jesus life in the middle, I guess because they don't realize that all of the Old Testament points to Jesus so I share about salvation every night!

Anyway, last night was fun. There was a cool response handplay/poem that the girls began to catch on to by the 8th plague:

God showed his power ["strong arm" stance]
but Pharoh said, "No!" [fold arms across chest and look mean]
He wouldn't let [wag finger no]
God's people go! [point forward and march]

The whole week is focused on not fearing. The first night was "God is with us!" and the kids response: "Fear Not!" Last night was "God is powerful" and the kids respond the same way. I think my preschoolers are beginning to get that too.

One of the most adorable answers (partly from the way it was delivered) was also one of the most important answers. "What happened to Jesus on the third day?" "He came out!" That He did indeed. Please pray for the three preschoolers coming that these seeds of truth would grow into a faith they make their own.

No comments: