Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pretties


I can't remember who or when someone used "pretties" as a description for things that were pretty, but it sticks in my mind. I was driving today through some lovely pretties -- pretty sights of "smoking" mountains, winding rivers, flowering trees -- this morning as I dropped off my overdue movies at the library they had scads of giant tulips blooming. Pretty things can certainly be a distraction.

My sister sent me some pretties in the mail for Easter -- a basket --nope not the usual Easter basket. One full of growing flowers! There was even a stuffed bunny "carefully" smushed in the box. Now the lovely yellow spring flower assortment is finally blooming. A basket of flowers in the mail. Who'd a thunk it!

Today I met one of my sister's friends. She has a love of pretties too, I can tell. She grows flowers, burns candles, and knows her trees! Her thumb is obviously greener than mine judging by the healthy looking plants and flowers (and the fact that she is starting a greenhouse!). But it isn't just her love of pretties but the fact that she is one of the nicest "pretties" of the day. She made me feel so welcome in her home and has been so lovely to me. Have you thanked God today for all the "pretties" that surround you?

PS Still wondering about the picture at the top? Thinking, "Hey, that had nothing to do with anything!"? Yep, just one more of the pretties in God's great creation :-)

No comments: